03 March, 2009

Blogging


Some readers are reporting problems with leaving comments on this blog. I am reading all the help pages I can find on ensuring that commenting is as user friendly as possible. The literature is extensive, but much of it is written in totally incomprehensible gobbly gook. When I figure it out, I will try to do what I can to make it easier.


The only reason for this that I can think of is that I put a couple of widgets on my page yesterday that may have caused the problem. I have deleted them in dismay and disgust.


Meanwhile, if you are having difficulty, please send me your comment at the above email address, and ask me to publish it for you on the relevant post, either anonymously or with your name, and I shall happily do so.



3 comments:

  1. I couldn't find your referred to email address, but thought you might want to blog sometime on the new Freedom of Information Act which went into effect in the Cayman Islands on January 5, 2009.

    They even have a web site devoted to FOI at http://www.foi.gov.ky and have issued a first month report at http://www.foi.gov.ky/portal/page?_pageid=1206,4250622&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

    Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What worked for me is previewing my post and then posting the comment. This got rid of the problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a note of caution.

    I am getting too many anonymous comments that are either overtly defamatory, or so by innuendo. I had about 30 yesterday, and about 50 today. They appear to be deliberate and malicious. I have had to spend a lot of time reading, and editing or deleting them.

    It is difficult to find the time to do this. If it continues, I may have to limit commenting rights to only a selected few of my correspondents. I would not want to have to do that.

    But, it is a viable alternative to spending hours reading lengthy scripts of illiterate, hate filled, or simply malicious tripe. I am seriously considering doing it.

    IDM

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.